Penny Realty COVID-19 Policies, Information & Resources
Property Cleaning & Disinfection Assurance
In an effort to assure all upcoming guests that the property rented is not only clean, but disinfected properly, our cleaning staff have introduced extra precautions to ensure a safe and healthy environment. These include all cleaners wearing gloves, plus additional disinfection of all high usage/contact areas in our properties such as:
- Door handles
- Counter tops
- Drawers and shelves
- Kitchen appliances and utensils
- Sofas and living room/patio furniture
- Fresh linens and towels
San Diego County COVID-19 Updates
DINE-IN RESTAURANT REOPENING
On the evening of May 20, 2020, the Governor approved the County of San Diego's request to proceed with modified onsite dining throughout the San Diego region.
RETAIL STORE REOPENING
On May 20, the state approved the County of San Diego to allow retail businesses to have customers in stores with restrictions.
Starting May 1, everyone must wear face coverings anywhere in public they come within 6 feet of another person, or whenever they enter a business.
As of May 1, the County is relaxing more restrictions for parks and golf courses if they can enforce social distancing.
The County will allow:
- Parks to reopen parking lots, with limitations.
- Park visitors to sit, lie down, picnic if they practice social distancing.
- Members of a family or household to play active sports, such as basketball or volleyball.
Recreational boating on the ocean, bays and lakes is allowed for members of a household.
As of Monday, April 27, the following is allowed in the ocean and bays: swimming, surfing, paddleboarding and kayaking. Recreational boating is still banned.
However, each city is responsible for deciding whether to open its beaches. Check before visiting. Beach parking lots need to remain closed.
San Diego County Health Order
Per the City of San Diego’s official public health order, which is currently in place until April 30, 2020, all residents and visitors must follow these guidelines:
1. Everyone needs to stay home except to take care of essential needs or go to an essential job.
2. Practice social distancing. Keep at least six feet away from other people unless they’re household members. Avoid gatherings of any size.
3. You should wear a face covering when leaving home. Cloth facial coverings don’t have to be medical grade but should cover your nose and mouth. Homemade masks, bandanas, scarves and neck gaiters are OK since you can wash and reuse them. Learn how to make a face covering.
4. It is strongly recommended you stay home, unless you need medical care, if:
- You are over 65 years old
- Have a chronic underlying health condition
- Have a compromised immune system
- Have mild to moderate symptoms of COVID-19
For more information, please visit the County of San Diego’s COVID-19 Information Page.
Balance Due & Cancellation Date Modifications
Penny Realty Vacation Rental’s typically would require a cancellation notice no later than 60 days prior to the arrival date. The remainder of the amount paid would be eligible for refund, less the $170 cancellation fee.
Additionally, the final balance for all reservations would be due 45 days prior to arrival date.
However, we are relaxing these dates for reservations arriving by July 25, 2020, and adjusting required cancellation and due dates to 21 days prior to arrival (pending property owner approval). Our goal in offering this flexibility is to work together with our guests, to provide enough time for all information and options to be weighed before making a decision regarding your anticipated summer vacation.
For any questions or clarifications regarding our adjusted policies, please call our office (858) 272-3900, or email us at [email protected].